[Yaesu] Quadra, power increase

Jerry Flanders jeflanders@comcast.net
Thu, 28 Nov 2002 00:34:10 +0000

At 23:54 11/27/02 +0000, on4kj wrote:
>Dont think its right Jerry.
>Max. power rules are so different all over the places, Yaesu would certainly
>costumise for some other countries.
>Even at 30 Mc/s power is going down, compared with 1.8 Mc/s.

Actual data I just measured:

Band    Current Voltage Output RF watts
20      43      48      900
10      35      48      900

Doesn't appear to "go down" from 20 to 10 - don't know about 160.

Don't misunderstand - I am not saying anyone should run these amps "on the
ragged edge". What I am saying is that if anyone has wondered about the 500
w limit, there _may_ be a logical explanation for it based on Japan's ham
regulations moreso than on what this amp is conservatively capable of.

Jerry W4UK