[Yaesu] FT-100-D Cleanup

David Jordan wa3gin@erols.com
Wed, 16 Oct 2002 10:52:53 -0400

You can remove the glass but you have to remove all the guts on the back
of the face plate to do it...it's about a 1hr task.  be very careful as
the glass will scratch and break ...use windex on the glass but not on
the meter case...use Pledge on the plastic meter face.  You have to
remove many cable connectors, include the power cables from the on/off
switch...just document the connections and a scratch pad and you'll be
fine when it comes time to put it all back together...

The blower is best left alone...get your vacuum cleaner and blow it out.
Do this outside as the micro dust will pollute your house and you'll get
a coughing fit if you inhale it .  Also, ensure you dis-charge any static
on the vacuum before you come in close contact with the radio...

It's a great transceiver...you'll enjoy it,
dave
wa3gin