[Yaesu] Mark V Versus Mark V Field

Thomas Giella KN4LF kn4lf at tampabay.rr.com
Sat Dec 6 11:34:38 EST 2003

I'm going to buy myself a new rig for Christmas. I've always favored Yaesu
and want to get an MP. The price difference between the Mark V and Mark V
Field two is approximately $300. Question. Is the Mark V and Mark V Field
the same rig in every respect except for the power out of 200 versus 100
watts? Any comments would be appreciated.

73,
Thomas F. Giella, KN4LF
Plant City, FL, USA
EL87WX

Yaesu FT-840 & PSK31 Digital Mode E Group
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/yaesu_ft840
160 Meter Amateur Radio Resources & More http://www.kn4lf.com/kn4lf.htm
Daily Solar Space Weather & Geomagnetic Data Archive
http://www.kn4lf.com/kn4lf5.htm
HF/MF Radio Propagation Theory Notes http://www.kn4lf.com/kn4lf8.htm
Florida Space & Atmospheric Weather Institute http://www.kn4lf.com/fsawi.htm
Florida Daily Weather Discussion http://www.kn4lf.com/sub/fmci17.htm