[Yaesu] New Rig On The Horizon?

Merle Bone merlebone at charter.net
Tue Dec 16 11:13:46 EST 2003

I am using the FT1000MP and have been following the development/performance
of the Ten-Tec Orion for about a year - including the technical review now
available of the ARRL site. I have also been watching the comments on the
new ICOM 7800. Most all test data shows that the FT1000MP receiver
performance is better then the FT1000MP - Mark V and the Mark V - Field -
particularly BDR and IMD DR. However, both of the new rigs from Ten-Tec and
ICOM look like they will be significantly better then the best Yaesu rigs.
Has anyone heard whether Yaesu is planning for a new "high-performance" rig
release in the next year?

W0EWM