[Yaesu] FT1000MP RIT frequency jumping - optical encoder is broken?

on4kj on4kj at skynet.be
Sat Feb 1 17:53:07 EST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rimantas Baltusis" <ly2bm at aiva.lt>
To: <yaesu at contesting.com>
Sent: Saturday, February 01, 2003 2:50 PM
Subject: [Yaesu] FT1000MP RIT frequency jumping - optical encoder is broken?

> Hello, reflector
> I have been using FT1000MP since 1998. Recently I found that VFO frequency
is chaotic jumping several kc then I rotate RIT knob. There was no any
mechanical impact.

> A few years ago a similar subject was discussed on this reflector. Some
hams pointed that it was likely RIT optical encoder  broken and the only way
to cure this problem was to replace it.

> My questions:
>
> 1) is it really optical RIT encoder broken? what otherwise?
>
> 2) is it impossible to repair RIT encoder at home?

> 3) does anybody can explain where I can buy (order) this specific part? My
search on internet is fruitless. A local ham's equipment dealer have never
heard about such problem.

" Dealers never know about any proplem............... until it generates $$,
ŖŖor€€
73's Jos