[Yaesu] FBA-8 Battery box

John Cook otterc@earthlink.net
Thu, 9 Jan 2003 19:58:00 -0600

Greetings all,
 I'm looking for A FBA-8 battery box for the Yaesu  290RII, 690RII, 790RII
series, I like to go "pedestrian" with these rigs and I have run out of
places to to look for this discontinued battery box for these cool old all
mode rigs!
  I recently had many good QSO's on various repeaters traveling over the
holidays with my FT-290RII and got excellent reports over 30 miles away from
repeaters runing 2.5 watts and a little rubber ducky antenna inside the car.
I've had DX contacts to South America with the 690RII at 2.5 watts and the
factory whip antenna.

  All kinds of VHF fun!
  Just need another battery box,

  73,