[Yaesu] FT-1000MP Mark-V - WARNING!!

OZ0J - Joergen contest@roemming.dk
Sat, 18 Jan 2003 12:50:47 +0100

Hi

=20

This is a warning about connecting your PC with a serial cable to your
FT-1000MP Mark-V (200 watt version).

=20

If you want to connect your FT-1000MP Mark-V from the CAT plug to your
PC, please be quite sure that your power supply does NOT have external
power connected.

=20

That means the very LAST thing to do when you set up your FT-1000MP
Mark-V is to connect the external power to your pug in the wall.

=20

If you want to connect your Mark-V to your PC, please remove the cable
for external power first.

=20

I have burned off 2 (two) RS 232 circuits because I did it the other way
around.

=20

Please note that is doesn=92t matter whatever the power supply is turned
on or not.

=20

I do not know whatever the problem only is there when you use 220 V / 50
Hz or also with 110 V / 60 Hz. Neither do I now whatever you will have
the same risk with other models of FT-1000 including the Field version.

=20

Vy 73 de OZ0J, J=F8rgen

=20

multipart/alternative