[Yaesu] FL-2100B Keying Circuit ???

Carol L Maher w4clm.ham at juno.com
Thu Jan 30 14:15:36 EST 2003

Sir,
Not trying to be rude or anything...... but keying an FL-2100B is
not exactly rocket science.   I've owned one of those in the past and
they key
with a common ground.   Its been over ten years since I had my FL-2100B
but if I recall it was labeled RLY or something like that.  Just key it
ground and it will work.   As for the FT-1000D, I also have one of those
currently,
it provides a keying connection directly to ground which can be used with
any amplifier, pull out your owners manual and it should detail
connections.
I'm currently using an Ameritron AL-811H which is being
directly keyed to ground from the rear panel of the FT-1000D.
Your FT-1000D should be able to key up just about any available amateur
or
commercially made amplifier on the market today with out the use of
special circuitry.  Seldom if ever will you find an amateur amplifier key
up
with RF alone.  That was common in the Citizens Band but not for Amateur
amplifiers.
Regards
Carol
W4CLM