[Yaesu] FT-840 Adjustment

Thomas Giella kn4lf at tampabay.rr.com
Fri Jun 6 23:05:10 EDT 2003

  I just purchased a near mint used FT-840 with all the accessories except the 6 kc AM filter that I'm looking for. The one and only glitch with the rig is on receive. When I go to LSB the IF alignment is way off from the center of the passband and I have to shift the IF fully clockwise to center things up so to speak. CW and USB are okay.
  Can anyone guide me as to where to go to adjust things back to normal? Any input would be appreciated.

 73,
Thomas Giella, KN4LF
Plant City, FL, USA
EL87WX

KN4LF 160-10 Meter Amateur Radio Resources:
http://www.kn4lf.com/kn4lf.htm

Florida Space & Atmospheric Weather Institute:
http://www.kn4lf.com/fsawi.htm

---