[Yaesu] FT-840 Freq. stability problem

KP4JRS - Jose qrz_kp4jrs at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 1 08:34:50 EST 2003

Hello to everyone:

    I got a FT-840 and have some problems with the frequency stability, Most of the time when I power up the radio and go on the air the people say my Tx freq. is changing, then when in just receiving i can notice this too. But if I wait some minutes ( a long count ) It baceme more stable.

    I have this rig for about 3 years. The only mod inside is the instalation on the FM unit.

    Understand there is a TXCO-4 unit available as an option, but Im not sure if this can solve my problem.

Any comments on this?

Thanks a lot,

73s de KP4JRS - Jose