[Yaesu] FP-12 Power supply

Carol L Maher w4clm.ham at juno.com
Sun Mar 9 13:28:01 EST 2003

Hi Gang,
I'm wondering if anyone has any information, maybe a schematic ?
for this 12 Amp power supply.     I picked up a Yaesu FP-12
(12 Amp) power supply this weekend which had no output.

After checking all the series regulators and regulator circuitry, I've
come to the conclusion I have a dead Toshiba part.
It's a 7 pin device (P/N TA7089M).  It's not much bigger then a
common transistor found in the mid 1970's  as were most discreet
components used at that time period.

Any information you can give me on the power supply or where I
could obtain this Toshiba part or suitable replacement would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks and regards to the net.
Carol L. Maher
Charlotte N.C.