[Yaesu] FT-767 Problems

James E McClellan n8luv_jm at juno.com
Fri May 9 14:24:24 EDT 2003

Hello from Jim --- N8LUV,

I have a very clean and working until about 3 weeks ago FT-767. The
problems are two-fold. The first noticable problem is the output. On any
band the output will vary by it just sitting on the desk with no one
touching it. The output will change from 100 watts - 30 watts - 80 watts
- 0 watts - 2 watts - 100 watts - etc. Its as if there is a thermal
problem or perhaps a cold solder joint somewhere. Any clues? --- The
second problem should be easy. I remember when putting the 2-mtr module
in the FT-767 that I had to hit a couple buttons at the same time when
turning the unit on to open the 2-mtr module for full coverage. I can't
remember what those buttons were. I stored the FT-767 for a few weeks and
turned the battery backup switch to the off position. When I placed it
back on the desk, now the 2-mtrs stops at 145.999 and then goes to the
next module up which is the 430 module. I can't keypad anything in beyond
145.999 for 2-mtrs, it no longer accepts it. Does anyone remember what
had to be done to open the 2-mtr module up upon installation? Does anyone
have any suggestions?

Thanks --- Jim --- N8LUV