[Yaesu] FL-7000 OLD or NEW ?

Kjell W. Strom strom at lime.demon.nl
Wed Sep 10 22:26:25 EDT 2003

Steve,

The one with the RTTY/SSB button is the newer version.

The thermal control circuit in the earlier version had a tendency to cut out
the amplifier during RTTY operation, even if the RF drive level was reduced.
A lower  voltage tap was introduced on the secondary of the AC power
transformer.

As far as I know, there is no other difference.

73 de "Kel" PB3SM

K2SV wrote:
>>I've just purchased an FL-7000 and it semms there are TWO versions, one
with
the SSB/RTTY switch on the front panel and one without. (Mine doesn't have
the
SSB/RTTY switch). What are the differences? I notice the voltage at idle is
around 35 volts (front panel meter), while the 4-button manual I downloaded
indicates it should be 42 volts at idle or 32 volts when the SSB/RTTY button
is
depressed. Anyone know which is the newer model?