[Yaesu] FT847 BAND SCAN

Ralph Beverly Rbeverly at insightbb.com
Thu Apr 22 13:34:09 EDT 2004

Has anyone used the FT-847 scan feature to scan a segment of a band?  (For
example, scan from 50.100 to 50.250 Mhz)  A friend of mine in Florida where
we live seasonally has one and can not get his to scan in this mode.  He
says it scans memories O.K., but will not start a band segment scan after he
sets the upper and lower frequencies.

I have the same rig, but unfortunately it is in Florida and I am currently
in KY.  (I've told him to ensure the rig is squelched when he tries to start
the scan.)  Any suggestions/comment appreciated.

73,
de W4REB (Ralph Beverly)
Louisville, KY