[Yaesu] FT-900 PLL Alignment ?

Tim Moes tmoes at iw.net
Wed Dec 22 14:43:24 EST 2004

Hi Steve,

 It may be several things causing PLL unlock on just that VCO. It could be a
possible bad trimmer cap on that VCO covering PLL2 on some bad solder
connections. The common problem many times is diodes in the RX bandpass and
if they go bad it can turn on different VCO's covering other freq. and also
turning on some TX circuits. Something you may try is checking the
sensitivity to see if it is down on some of the bands, pointing to bad
diodes if it is not to specs. The receiver is usually noisy also if this
happens as several bands are turned on at once.

TNX.... Tim   wd0fkc
www.midwest-technical.com