[Yaesu] Re: FT-1000D 8-pin DIN plug ?

John Nelson john at steampower.demon.co.uk
Fri Jan 30 17:48:25 EST 2004

Many thanks to those who replied. It seems there are two standards of 8-pin
DIN. One has an angular pin spacing of 270 degrees and is the 'standard'.
The other has an angular displacement of 262 degrees and seems to be used by
Yaesu and Kenwood. It isn't a 'standard' DIN connector within the meaning of
the act.

The Yaesu-branded connectors I've seen have been of poor quality -- the
insulator melts and cracks as soon as you bring a soldering iron within a
few inches of it. Can anyone suggest a source of better-quality items,
preferably from a UK source?

It's true that the Yaesu 5-pin DIN will fit, but unfortunately my samples
are of even worse quality! I also don't know whether there are two (or more)
standards for the 5-pin.

73 John
GW4FRX