[Yaesu] FT-1000D T/R Switching

W0UN -- John Brosnahan shr at swtexas.net
Wed Jun 2 11:06:07 EDT 2004

At 09:01 AM 6/2/2004, dgmaley at inav.net wrote:

>Good Morning to all.  Worked on this radio last night
>and thought I would pass along what I found:
>Replaced this diode with a standard 1N4007 power supply
>diode.  Seems to work just fine.  I did this after using
>the NTE cross reference and noting this is just about what
>it crossed to.  I would have suspected this to have been
>a spot for a hefty PIN diode, but maybe not.

Actually the 1N4007 IS a PIN diode.  Not widely
known but it has been used in PIN diode functions
on occasion such as T/R switches.  I am not sure
about the other diodes in the 1N400x series though,
although there are some reports that the entire
family are PINs.

http://www.ac6rm.net/mailarchive/html/elecraft-list/2003-04/msg00200.html

73--John   W0UN

-