[Yaesu] FT920 TX Power problem?

Leland Vandervort g0szp at g0szp.net
Fri Jun 11 09:42:32 EDT 2004

Hi Charley,

I've already checked this (as mentioned in the previous mail "despite the
menu settings").  They're both set to 100 Watts, but the power output only
between 5 and 10 watts.  (including into a dummy load).  If I move the
antenna over to the IC706 it works fine at full power.  Spoke to
Yaesu,  and the chap in their tech support seemed almost as dumbfounded as
I am.  He said it seems as if the final drive is gone, but it lacks the
other additional "side effects" (reflected power, inability to match, etc.)
so he too was perplexed :(  The only other thing he mentioned is that it's
possible that the rig is picking up input voltage in the ALC circuit
causing it to drop its power output.  Thus far, nothing unusual found though...

L.