[Yaesu] FT-101ZD TR Relay Problem?

Adam N. adam2 at n4ekv.com
Wed Oct 6 01:57:13 EDT 2004

Dennis,

I recently went through this routine with an FT-107M I brought back from
sitting idle too long.  My rig's symptoms were intermittent TX:
Sometimes OK, sometimes taking 1-3 seconds to ramp" up to full power.

The culprits were miniature board-mounted relays.  The 107 has 3, maybe
4 relays total.  I went after all them with Deoxit and it fixed it.
DeOxit on your other switches and controls might be a good idea too as
my rig's toggle switches were all pretty dirty/non-functioning until
Deoxit.  Lube on the PTO gearworks is also a good idea.. mine is now
smooth as silk.

73,

Adam N
N4EKV