[Yaesu] FT900AT Out of lock on 160 to 40 meters.

Robert Plechaty k9cgd at worldnet.att.net
Mon Oct 11 18:58:22 EDT 2004

Hi Gang:

I am having a problem with my FT900AT.

The bands affected are 160, 75/80 and 40 meter bands.

If you bring any of those bands up, after a couple of seconds the display starts to blink on and off.

There is no noticeable function of the radio like, audio output or keying the PTT with the microphone or CW key. You can however, tune the frequency with the tuning knob.

I tried the reset to default for the radio. And still the same results.

If I tunen the radio in the GEN setting, all works fine till I tune down to 7.5 MHz., then the display starts blinking again, with the same results as with in the 3 lower bands.

I am sure it is out of loop sync. in those bands or below 7.5 MHz.

Anyone have a fix for this condition?

Thanks in advance.

Bob, K9CGD

Longmont, Co.