[Yaesu] lamp fuse replacement in ft-102

Kz2i at aol.com Kz2i at aol.com
Wed Oct 20 23:02:52 EDT 2004

the receiver in my ft-102 has mysteriously gone quiet.  only  hear signals
that show as 20 over s9 on other rig.  i suspect that it is  the lamp fuse under
the finals.  my question is:
has anyone SUCCESSFULLY replaced that bulb with another  type such as screw
in or bayonet type?    putting a socket in a  more convenient place?  would it
have an effect on the gain in the receiver  (i have a feeling it will).  i
have ordered replacement from yaesu, but  thought i would investigate other
avenues.

i believe this bulb (grain of wheat type) is used in other yaesu  rigs.  as a
side note, the order taker told me it is a discontinued item  and they have a
few hundred left before stock is gone (i ordered 10 just to have  on hand).

any help guys?

73 de STEVE, KZ2I
CHARLOTTE, NC  USA