[Yaesu] ft-990 problem

Andrew Mui muiium at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 10:23:56 EST 2005

Hi,

I currently have an ft-990 that is experiencing some problems. At first
there was a bad relay in the power supply control card (sticky), which
prevented the radio from turning on and off. After fixing this there apears
to be another problem. When the power button is pushed, only the meter light
comes on. No lights on the digital display and no audio. I have verified
that the power supplied is turning on, and supplying power to the rest of
the radio.

I suspect the problem may be a loose connector somewhere? I went through and
reseated all the connectors I could find, but still no luck. Maybe something
more serious has happened? Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Andy K2TJ