[Yaesu] FT990 VR2005 S Meter Adjustment

Thomas Giella KN4LF kn4lf at tampabay.rr.com
Thu Jan 13 11:13:59 EST 2005

Hello To All,
  I used to own an FT-990 plus the service manual too but have long ago sold
the rig. I received the email attached below from John WB5YVS. He
accidentally
changed the S meter setting adjustment for VR2005 under the trap door on the
top of the rig. Can anyone advise just what this setting does to the S meter
circuit, how critical it is and how to get the adjustment back to where it
should be?!