[Yaesu] Recent Yaesu production

John L Merrill jmerrill1 at adelphia.net
Wed Jul 13 19:25:03 EDT 2005

That's typical.

John N1JM

-----Original Message-----
From: yaesu-bounces at contesting.com
[mailto:yaesu-bounces at contesting.com]On Behalf Of Charles Bibb
Sent: Wednesday, July 13, 2005 5:40 PM
To: yaesu at contesting.com
Subject: [Yaesu] Recent Yaesu production

Hi, All

Just bought a new Mark V from a large dealer in the upper midwest.  I
wanted to be sure that the one I got had the key clicks problem fixed
during production, so when I un-boxed the unit, one of the first things I
did was check the serial number.  Mine begins 4K, which indicates a
manufacture date of September, 2004.

Is this kind of lag time typical?

When I ordered the radio, it was not in stock. I had to wait three weeks
for the dealer to get the next shipment from Yaesu.  However, ten months
seems a long time between production and sale of a "new" radio.  Anyway,
according to past posts to this list mine should be past the "fix date" for
the key click issue.

Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Charles - K5ZK