[Yaesu] FRG8800

Tim Moes tmoes at wat.midco.net
Sun May 22 11:29:55 EDT 2005

Hi Eric,

 The FRG-8800 flashing display does indicate PLL unlock and possibly a bad
crystal or VCO that has failed. One thing you may try is to look at the
VCO's on the Main board on the bottom of the unit and see if any of them
have been glued. The glue that they used is similar to the glue that Kenwood
used that has caused problems with the TS-440S. The glue turns a dark brown
and should be chipped out very carefully. If you have the service manual
check to see also which correction voltage line is incorrect and which VCO
it controls. That will also put you in a general direction of your problem.

TNX.... Tim Moes wd0fkc
Tim Moes  wd0fkc
www-midwest-technical.com