[Yaesu] Ft-1000D front panel info

My65pan my65pan at cox.net
Wed Nov 30 18:11:14 EST 2005

Hi,
   I have an FT-1000D that was damaged in shipping. I need to replace the encoder, and the VR-A unit ( the bank of pots with MIC/RF etc.). I have the exploded view of the front panel, Thanks to several of you who answered my last post. What I need are any instructions from the service manual that may pertain to this task or any tips from anyone who has undertaken similar repairs. I understand the original encoder is no longer available, but Yaesu has a substitute that needs modification to work. I'm waiting on Yaesu tech support to get back to me about what modifications are needed. The parts dept. said it is a beefier unit than the original. I'll post when I learn more.

Mark Johnston
AC7AZ