[Yaesu] Help with Roofing filter

John Geiger ne0p at lcisp.com
Sat Oct 8 17:44:55 EDT 2005

Got a used INRAD roofing filter in today and installed it in the FT1000MP.  However, I am not sure if it is working ok or if I installed it incorrectly.  Installation seemed straightforward, and it took me longer to get the case open than it did to install the filter.  However, the rig seems to still receive AM and FM ok.  On the INRAD website it says that FM reception is impossible on the main receiver, but I ran an FM QSO with a local friend and he sounded the same on both the main receiver and subreceiver.  Any idea as to what might be going on or how I might have installed it wrong?

Thanks and 73s

John NE0P