[Yaesu] FT990 display

Peter Sundberg sm2cew at telia.com
Sat Sep 10 10:22:26 EDT 2005

Now having a new MkV I realize how dim the display is on my old FT990. Is
there a way to increase display brightness on that old machine?
Is it doomed to eventually fade out completely or is it just by comparison
it looks dim?

I have not had the 990 since it was new, so I can't really tell if it
slowly fades out or if it's always been like this. I understand the
principal difference between the MP display and the 990, but I wouldn'd
mind the 990 to "shine" a bit more.. it's too good a radio to throw on the
junkpile just yet..

:-)

73/Peter SM2CEW