[Yaesu] hello, ft 1000mp audio output problem

Bill and Nancy Capps wbcapps at mindspring.com
Sun Sep 11 12:38:29 EDT 2005

Hello All
    I am having a little problem with my ft1000mp and I was hoping maybe someone on this list could give me some advice. I've never had any problems with the rig. Last week, I hooked up a West Moutain "rig blaster" up between the transceiver and my Dell PC. I enjoyed psk for the the first time and all seemed to be working ok. I received good reports for everyone. I left the radio and PC for about an hour and when I came back, the FT1000mp had lost all its audio output from its speaker. I could hear no audio from headphones from either the side speaker or any of the headphone jacks. I unhooked the rig blaster and reconnected everything like before and nothing. I could key a straight key in cw and the rig will transmit. I can key the handmike in ssb and the transmitter is working. I can tune across busy portions of the 40 and 20 meter ssb bands and see the s-meter jumping from qso's but no audio output.  I didnt go into any of the hidden menu's and change anything. I was wondering if there is a stuck relay?  Its has been a long time, but is there a "master reset" that I can do? I forgot the keystrokes to perform it. I know to access the hidden menu's you depress "fast" and "enter". Any advice anyone might have would sure be appreciated. I did a search on the internet and I was unable to find any information. If I find out whats wrong or what I did wrong, I will report that back to the list.  I hope I dont have to box this monster up and send it to yaesu for repairs.

73 and Good DX

Bill Capps
AF4OD