[Yaesu] FT-897 CAT, Linear and Band Data

Joe Subich, W4TV k4ik at subich.com
Fri Sep 30 19:08:46 EDT 2005

Stewart,

Since you can do two of the three - either CAT and Linear or
Band Data and Linear (e.g., TX INH and TX GND are present in
both CAT/Tuner and Linear configurations), why not add a
microHAM Band Decoder to your station?

The Band Decoder will set between the computer and the FT-897,
take RS-232 from the computer, output FIF-232 (TTL) for the
FT-897, read the FT-897 frequency from the data and provide
antenna switching plus amplifier band data lines (PAYAESU
option), ICOM voltage (PAICKL1 option) or ICOM CI-V (PAICPW1
option) if you need it.

More information:
   http://www.microham-usa.com/Products/band%20decoder.html

Manual:
   http://www.microham.com/Downloads/microBandDecoder.pdf

Pardon me for suggesting a product I handle <G> ...

73,

   ... Joe Subich, W4TV
       microHAM America, LLC
       www.microHAM-USA.com