[Yaesu] FT1000D no output

Randy Thompson k5zd at charter.net
Sat Jan 21 14:48:59 EST 2006

Help again.

I have an FT-1000D that is not producing any RF output.  Everything else on
the radio seems to work fine.  When I transmit, if I turn the power and
drive to full I can see a few milliwatts come out.

This problem began after I had the bottom cover off to install an Inrad
roofing filter.  There were no issues with the install -- it is pretty easy.
After I buttoned everything back up I noticed that I had no output.

Problem is the same even with all of the various connections removed from
the back of the radio.  I.e., its not the band decoder connector (I don't
think).

I opened the radio back up and see no wires that were disconnected or
damaged.

Looking for any suggestions of where to look or what to try before I have to
send it off for service.

Randy, K5ZD
k5zd at contesting.com