[Yaesu] FT1000D

Bob Maser bmaser at tampabay.rr.com
Thu Jun 8 09:48:40 EDT 2006

I have owned both and IMHO the MkV has a better receiver and the transmitted audio is far superior and certainly more flexible to change.  I may be comparing apples to oranges because my D did not have the roofing filters(not available at the time I owned it) whereas my MkV does.  Don't get me wrong.  I thoroughly enjoyed my D and I had it for 7 years and never had major problems with it.  The MkV does have that plastic look whereas the D was built like a tank.

Bob  W6TR