[Yaesu] FT1000D

Cecil Acuff chacuff at cableone.net
Thu Jun 8 14:15:42 EDT 2006

I sold a Pro II as well.  I ran it for a couple of weeks through a receiver
multicoupler sharing the same antenna and the Pro II had a slight edge on
the FT-1000D in the receive department....but the D had more pleasant
sounding audio and I hated using the Pro II with the small knobs and
everything on the central display and the single VFO knob.  I also picked up
an FT-1000MP full of INRAD filters...it's a good radio but no better than
the D and the D again has better sounding receive audio in my opinion.

I tried to take the subjectivity out of the testing and just focus on real
world sensitivity and audio recovery.

The MP is feature rich compared to the D.....I'll give it that.  If that's
what makes it a better radio to some then I can understand that.  My
judgment was based purely on receiver/audio performance.

Cecil Acuff
WB5VCE
Gulfport MS (Katrina central)