[Yaesu] FT857D Problem ? update

Edward Soriano docward87 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 12 11:41:17 EDT 2006

Have not wired my keyer yet so cannot tx on cw at the moment. It was transmitting full scale though on FM. So I guess there is no problem.

  My only concern is when I talk normally over the mic(SSB) the rig's power meter cannot reach its full scale (100w mark) unless you shout or whistle.

  Unlike my FT847. On phone the meter dances up to the end of the scale with ease.

  I wonder if it is the same for all FT857Ds.

  FB Brit, I will try your menu setting tomorrow morning and let you know my findings.

  Thanks guys for the immediate replies.

  73 de Ed

  Edward Soriano MD
  4F1OZ also W3DOC