[Yaesu] FT-5100 Issue

dgmaley at inav.net dgmaley at inav.net
Tue Jun 13 17:18:28 EDT 2006

OK;  here's one problem that really has me stumped.
I have  a FT-5100 dual bander on my bench.
Needed the battery replaced.  Got that done and back
together.
Did a system wipe and loaded in the startup data as per
the
Yaesu setup sheet.  Loaded up memories with local
repeaters.
No problem until I try to get it to scan.  It refuses to
scan.  Ignores the command.  Removed the mic and jumpered
the pins together to force a scan, still ignored.  The
scan input pins show the correct 5V pullup voltage when
open and
go to ground when command sent.  Did another wipe and
restart.
Still refuses to scan.  Everything else is fine. What have
I forgotten here?
Thanks in advance for the magic words.
Dave  WA0ZZG