[Yaesu] FT221R

Roy Reed g3zig at freenet.co.uk
Mon Mar 27 14:07:50 EST 2006

Hi all,
       Can anyone please tell me how to adjust the VFO tracking on the
FT221R.I do not have the Service Manual ,only the Instruction Manual.I
presume the frequency can be adjusted either end of the 500 khz
segment.(it gains about 3khz every 100khz)
    Also I have adjusted the carrier balance but there is still a little
more carrier bleedthrough than I would expect compared to second FT221R
I have .I believe this is quite a common problem with this family of
radios.Has anyone any ideas please.
       Thanking you in anticipation.
                 73 Roy g3zig.