[Yaesu] Rig Control FT-990 Ver 1.3

Frank Davis fdavis at nfld.net
Tue Nov 28 12:16:11 EST 2006

I am trying to establish rig control for a newly acquired FT-990.  Purchased a G4ZLP interface cable  and plugged it into a COM 1 serial port.
I can type a freq in the command line of N1MM and make the FT-990 change freq but the software will not read the rig freq or mode  when tuning................in otherwords it looks like I can send to the rig a command  but it is not sending back it's freq or mode info.  Tuning does not result in updating.

Have setup the COM 1 serial port for 4800, 8, N , 2 ,  RTS/DTR Always On.   On my  FT1000MP I am using a microKeyer  which has established a bunch of virtual serial ports starting at COM 3.  My desk top has two regular serial ports COM 1  and COM 2.

The FT-990 has Version 1.3 firmware  and I have done hard reset of the rig by following the instructions in the manual.

Anyone have any clues as to where to look??

73
 Frank VO1HP