[Yaesu] Best $600 contest rig

John Geiger johngeig at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 24 17:18:01 EDT 2006

Yes I also noticed that.  Most of the test results
were at 2khz spacing, but some were run at 3, 4 or
5khz spacing.  If you look at the wider spaced tests,
they occur with older radios.  I assume that the
synthesizer phase noise in these rigs made narrower
testing impossible because it was noise limited.  I
could be wrong, though.  Still, it is a much more
appropriate test than the 20khz spacing that QST used.

I would also like to see Rob Sherwood test a few other
rigs, like the Yaesu FT100D and FT767, Icom 740, and
Kenwood TS690/450.

73s John W5TD