[Yaesu] Speaker grill cloth for FT1000MP Mk V Field

Mike and Alicia Fanning fanning at hiwaay.net
Sat Aug 11 12:55:57 EDT 2007

I bought a used Mk V Field about a year ago and it's case was scratched in
shipment.  I ordered a new cover from Yaesu, but it did not come with the
speaker grill cloth glued to the inside of the lid like the original unit,
and Yaesu claims there is no part number for the speaker grill cloth.  It is
a rigid material that I have tried to scrape out of the old cover (with no
luck).  Does anyone have any idea where I might find some replacement grill
covering that is rigid enough to hold it's shape and not wrinkle?

Thanks,
Mike, K4GU