[Yaesu] Ft-1000

Hardy Landskov n7rt at cox.net
Mon Aug 20 14:37:32 EDT 2007

Jim,
I had K8IA set up N1MM on my computer last week and everything went without
a hitch. I am using an FT1000D with a CAT cable made by K1NU.  BUT the
FT1000 must have firmware ver 6.0. 5.8 will not work.
To check your version, press the 1 and 3 buttons on the keypad and power
the radio on. It will go through a self test and show you the firmware
version at the end. If you have version 5.8 or lower, call Yaesu and see if
they can still upgrade your firmware.
GL Hardy N7RT