[Yaesu] FL2100 to 1000MP help

k9mi at sbcglobal.net k9mi at sbcglobal.net
Tue Aug 21 10:19:16 EDT 2007

I believe the "50 volts" you are referring to, is probably the voltage on
the amp relay. Not good with most modern rigs, and most modern amps just
have around 12 volt relays.  You will need a cable that has some kind of
protection circuit in it, or you will fry the relay on the 1000 MP. I think
several places sell these. Maybe someone will see your post and know what
kind of cable you need. It can probably be homebrewed if you're so inclined.
Surely someone around who runs a 2100 or a Heathkit SB220 or some older amp
that has a high voltage relay. I'm fairly certain you would damage your rig
if you used a straight through cable.

Mike, K9MI