[Yaesu] Question re MK V Field CPU and other issues

Karl Brandt nd8dx at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 13 18:23:22 EST 2007

Hi All,

  I am abt to purchase my first Yeasu, a MK V Field, and its a 2002 model which has had the CPU replaced by Yeasu abt a year ago with the new and improved CPU. I was wondering if anyone can tell me what the problem was with the early CPU  and if the new CPU was ever installed during the normal production run of the rig and if so begining when?  I spoke with the folks at Yaesu on the phone a while back trying to get info on any Service Bulletins etc and the said they are under instructions no to discuss any issues abt the rig ecept to the actual owner...so can anyone give me a heads up on any known issues, service bulletins or worthwhile mods on the MK V Field?

  TIA...73 GB  Karl