[Yaesu] Display problem with FT-1000MP Mark V

James C. Hall, MD nwtcc at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 10 16:04:10 EDT 2007

Hi Carl:

My Mark V does this as well, and yes, it is a cold start issue. If you
haven't turned it on in like a week, it will be several seconds for the
display to light. On a daily basis, however, mine comes on pretty quick
- maybe 5 seconds or less. I'll bet if you wait it out (longer than 10
secs), it will finally light up.

I'm not sure if this is a "feature" but certainly an idiosyncrasy ! HI

73, Jamie
WB4YDL