[Yaesu] Rom Version/Serial Number

Berndt Josef Wulf wulf at ping.net.au
Tue Jul 31 21:48:06 EDT 2007

G'day,

The difference is a change of some fields in the protocol. Most software is
written for the newer firmware version which generally isn't backwards
compatible. I didn't experience any instability during the standard operation
of the rig was concerned.

You can upgrade the microprocessor to a later version. It took me about 20
minutes to replace the chip. The processor can be purchased from Vertex. Its
a SMD device and you need a steady hand, small tipped soldering iron, a
hot-air tool will be a distinct advantage but it can be done without it, and a
magnifying glass.

I believe of having a spare processor collecting dust somewhere in my shack.

73, Berndt
VK5ABN