[Yaesu] Yaesu FT990 opinions wanted

Hardy Landskov n7rt at cox.net
Sat Mar 31 09:06:31 EST 2007

John,
I think the FT990 is a good radio all around. I did replace the switching
diodes in the front end bandpass filters with PIN diodes and that helped
eliminate a lot of cross modulation. My only other complaint is the radio
has a lot of IF hiss which is annoying when on CW in a narrow filter mode.
73 Hardy N7RT