[Yaesu] FT-726R VFO

Bob Harrison g4ujs at qsl.net
Fri May 25 20:37:25 EDT 2007

Hi All,

I have recently shutdown 6 VHF/UHF radio ports on the DXCluster I have run
for the last 15 years (GB7UJS)...basically Telnet has taken over from Radio
access.....

This has given me the opportunity to once again enjoy VHF/UHF for myself. So
I dug out the old FT-726R that hasn't been used in years and put it back in
the shack.

Remarkably it seems to work OK but a slight problem with the VFO. When I
first turn it on the VFO doesn't appear to tune. If I set it for FM Channels
that works fine but tuning on CW or SSB it doesn't change frequency..until
it has warmed up a bit (10 minutes), then it works fine until next time.

I expect it has an optical decoder arrangement.....any maintenance / fix?

Regards and 73 de Bob G4UJS

incidentally the cluster can be accessed at           gb7ujs.shacknet.nu
7373

Bob Harrison

Telephone: +44 7876 791215

Website: http://www.qsl.net/g4ujs