[Yaesu] FT-1000 keying a Ten-Tec Titan

William Liporace - WC2L wc2l at wc2l.com
Mon Nov 19 19:11:47 EST 2007

Good Evening,
I am currently running a Yaesu FT-1000 with a Ten-Tec Titan. I am currently keying the amp with the band data jack on the FT-1000. This uses Pin 2 (TNX GND), Pin 3 (GND), and Pin 8 (Linear). Pin 2 goes to Key in and Pin 8 goes to Key out on the Titan with the ground being common on both RCA jacks.

With this configuration, the Titan MUST be powered on and set for QSK mode in order for the FT-1000 to TX RF. I like the quiet and quick keying of the FT-1000. I know I can turn on the internal relay of the Ft-1000, set the Titan for PTT and key the amplifier.

I am using the band data for antenna switching. This is a great feature. I want to keep this flexibility.

I have read:
http://kb.tentec.com/index.php?article=39
http://n1eu.com/Yaesu/MPAcom.htm (as a reference)

How do I allow the radio to TX RF with out the AMP on?

TNX es 73 Will
telnet://dxc.wc2l.com
http://www.wc2l.com (needs to be updated)