[Yaesu] Yaesu Digest, Vol 59, Issue 10

Dave Maley dgmaley at commspeed.net
Tue Nov 20 21:49:59 EST 2007

Scott;
You may be confusing the I.F. filters with the roofing filters.  The filters
of concern are small and placed right after the first mixer.  They are in
the lo vhf range on upconverting hf  radios.  Designing them with a narrow
bandwidth is not easy.  Amateurs are the only ones that are concerned.
Marine and commercial hf operators don't normally have interference as
severe as we do.  Military might ask for it, although the military isn't
concerned about spending $50,000 for a radio.  I'm still suprised that hams
buy radios that break $10,000.
Motorola came out with a ham version of their mil-spec radio.  I've never
heard one on the air.
Dave   WA0ZZG

Message: 2