[Yaesu] FT1000D with a Problem

Bob Maser bmaser at tampabay.rr.com
Wed Aug 20 11:19:23 EDT 2008

Hi gang, I am new to this reflector and, since I own a few Yaesu radios, I
thought it would be wise to join your group.

I have a problem with my FT1000D.  I use it mainly on SSB and always PTT.
When running the radio barefoot, after making a transmission, the receiver
does not "unmute" right away.  I can see that the rest of the receiver is
working because I see the responding station on my S Meter but no audio for
a few seconds.  The longer I have been transmitting the longer it takes for
the audio to come back, and when it does come back, it comes on instantly.
The strange thing is, when I have the amp on line (Henry 4K Ultra) I don't
have the problem.

Any suggestions?

Tnx,
Bob Maser  W6TR