[Yaesu] FT 2800m Mic

Leslie Elliott kc0pto at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 4 23:57:02 EST 2008

Hi Casey - I can't help about the desk mike, but I've owned 2 FT-2800M's, and find it to be a good rig.  I sold the first one to get funds toward purchasing my HF rig, a Yaesu FT-920, and then later purchased another one as a replacement.  I think you get about the most "bang for the buck" with this radio, and they are rugged and have all the features you will need. I bought my 2nd one from Gigaparts, which was then on sale for around $103 + shipping.  I just checked, and Gigaparts is now selling it for $124 + shipping.  I have found that if money is hard to come by, which it is for me, it pays to shop around at the different dealers for Ham gear, as they seem to take turns as to who has the lowest price.  $129 delivered sounds like a reasonable price, but I'd shop around, maybe someone is having a sale.  Bottom line, I feel the 2800M is a good rig for 2M.

KCØPTO   Les

http://www.gigaparts.com/radioindex.php

"R. Casey Case" <ka3ebe at comcast.net> wrote: Has anyone connect a desk Mic to a FT 2800m?

What Mic?

What all was needed ?

Where can I get Information to connect a desk mike?

How do you like the Yaesu FT 2800?

Is 129 delivered a good price?

What would you buy other then a FT 2800M?

I know I know A lot of questions but we are here to help each other.

73 Casey ka3ebe